Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My time to shine.

Good Morning Blog Followers!
It has been a LONG TIME since I last blogged. I cant believe I started this thing with such drive and ended up leaving you all hanging. I guess when you take a look at what life hands you, blogging isn't one of the priorities. I'm pretty sure if this was my job I would take it much more seriously. Like, if I had more followers or I was getting paid to talk to people about making changes in their life...then yes, I would blog constantly.
Looks like I'm simply making excuses!

As you all know a new year started. Let me back track a little bit so you can all see where I left off. 2011 was a great fitness year for me. I worked out just about everyday, increased my water intake, went on bike rides, went swimming, did MORE and MORE Zumba. I became a Zumba instructor, I made my goal weight and then WHAM!!!!! I got injured. I pulled the ligaments in my ankle. This injury put me on crutches. No weight on the foot for 6 weeks. Of course I didn't follow the doctors orders and I was back walking on it in 3...This injury, at first, kept me down. It was literally painful to even put a little weight on it.
Then it became an excuse. I was scared to work out, I was used to filling my days with other things. Working out wasn't in my daily routine anymore. And because of that I gained back all the weight I lost last year.
I cant explain to you how disappointed I am in myself. A year of working so hard, changing my life, wearing a bikini!!!! And POOF its gone. I wont go into #'s quite frankly because its simply disgusting.
But I wont look back on that. I'm going to look at today (well...and yesterday) I have committed myself again to reaching those goals. I have the right mentality and I realized yesterday, I have the physical capability.
I started Insanity again. I was able to do really well. I was shocked! Although I fell off the workout wagon I was still able to do a lot more than I thought. My favorite thing about getting in shape is the energy you have and the capability you have. I was able to RUN, SWIM, BIKE RIDE, run around with kids etc...I could last longer in everything.
I have to give a lot of that cardiovascular help credit to Zumba. Unfortunately, I have my lil one home with me...I hate asking people to watch my kids. So I have to find alternatives to working out.
I tracked all my food and workouts yesterday. I'm using an App called Noom. So far, I like it. It gives you a personal trainer coach who gives you different goals to achieve everyday.
I burned 2150 in calories and I ate 1050 in calories. Of course eating is still my ultimate challenge.
I love to workout...But I also LOVE to eat. This is why my weight loss always takes longer than most. :/ But, I'm working on that.

Once I get myself established in Insanity again I'm going to check out the cross fit gym across the street from the base. I want to step in there with some sort of physical confidence...I know what it will take for me to return. I love a challenge and I love to push myself to the limits. Cross fit will be exactly what I need.

Remember to take your Multi Vitamins, DRINK YOU WATER, and Push yourself!!!! Believe that you can go further! Don't let your mind tell your body what to do!!

Happy Workouts, Blog Followers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Channon why do you live so far away! We could kick ass together!. This is exactly how I feel - all the time. I lost 30 lbs, got comfortable in my new skin, actually LIKED myself, and my gym closed. No more pilates classes, no more pool to swim in, not even a boring treadmill. And it's creeping back, little by little. I'm so disgusted with myself - I hate looking in the mirror. A few weeks ago I joined the Y - it's out of my way, but I have to do something. Keeping myself on track will be my biggest challenge. And eating. Definitely eating.....
    Sarah K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating has always been my biggest challenge. But I found that once I start working out, and drinking all that water I find myself wanting to eat better. A lot of people choose to change their diets first and then start working out. I prefer the opposite. If I workout so hard that Im pouring with sweat and I can feel my pants already being loose, then I actually choose to eat something better because I dont want to waste all that hard work.

    I dont ever DIET. There is no reason for it. I will never change my husbands way of eating or make my children eat diet foods. I simply eat better. For example; last night I made chicken alfredo. BIG MISTAKE for someone who is trying to lose weight. Alfredo is the WORST!
    I made garlic bread and a huge salad.
    I dished up everyones plates and then on to mine. Instead of piling on the alfredo, I piled on the salad..(I use the 50/50 mix) and then used a little spot for the alfredo. I put a small portion of noodles and then used a slotted spoon for the chicken alfredo part. That way the extra sauce would drip off the spoon. Then I took a small end piece of garlic bread.
    I felt pretty good about making that decision. And I was able to stay under my daily calories because of it!
    You joined the Y Sarah, thats a huge step. The only way you will get back where you want to be is if you really want it. !
    Come by my blog. We can track our workouts and progress together!!!

    ReplyDelete