Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's in that Ocean Air?






When we first arrived in Jacksonville we waited for one of the "better" days to check out the beach. Florida wasnt what we thought (the kids and I) it was going to be. We thought it was going to be hot, sunny, beach ready. But its actually like a lot of other places they seem to put military bases..Cold, rainy, cloudy, random days of sunshine, hot, humid..pretty random winter.
The temperature was supposed to get up to mid 70s that day so we headed out. We didnt really have a plan. Just find a beach so kids could see it.
They were apprehensive at first. They walked with us, didnt venture out too far...but once they got the feel of the ocean air and saw the opportunities around them they were off like that very first flock of seagulls that they encountered.
Digging their toes in the sand, finding seashells, digging a hole in the sand right by the edge of the water just to watch it fill up. they put their feet in the water and I could almost hear their heartbeats pounding from the fear and excitement. The waves were a bit choppy so to a 3 year old....that wave was HUGE.
I had my Camera and wanted to really focus on improving my skills in a few areas but with the kids running around, and DH pointing out so many things...I decided to shoot what I could.
I always find myself in a different frame of mind when Im at a beach. The air, the calm, the feeling it brings to my soul.
Its a really wondeful place. DH was confused and getting a little aggrivated that I wasnt smiling and running around. All I could do was breath in and sigh. I found a bit of peace at the beach that day and I wasnt going to let anyone ruin it or distract me.

1 comment:

  1. You seem so happy, Channon, I am so glad for you! Wish we could have gotten together while we were both here in WA...can't wait to read more blogs!

    ReplyDelete