Thursday, July 15, 2010

Its a Long, Painful yet Rewarding Journey

Weight Loss, Fitness, Healthy Eating and making goals is a BITCH.
We all know how much hard work it takes to reach our fitness goals. Whether we want to be healthier, fit in that bikini, wear our high school jeans, or just feel better about ourselves we are tempted, side tracked, and distracted from those goals.
What Im going to do for this blog now is track what my fitness goals are, what I do to reach them, and even post my experiences.
I would love if you are interested in taking this journey with me, for you to post to this blog. You can post your goals, what you accomplished that day or even ask questions. We can be each others support.
Now, those who know me will understand that I tend to be BLUNT. I dont sugar coat much. So if you are looking for sympathy or try making excuses as to why you didnt workout or what have you, you are posting on the wrong blog.
I will do whatever I can to answer questions, be supportive and give you the motivation you need to get your workout done for the day.

I started my workout routine again on Monday. In assisting my husband in preparing for "if" he makes chief.

We are doing INSANITY. It is the beach body workout made for warriors!!!! I say this because I have done SO MANY videos and NONE of them compare to the exhausting, powerful, body bending workout this is.

So Monday was Plyo, at the gym we did chest and triceps, and then went for a bit of a walk.
Tuesday- Cardio Circuit, Pool, run/walk
Wednesday-Legs, Cardio recovery, run/walk 2 miles.
Thursday- Pure cardio, run/walk 2 miles.
Friday will be Plyo again, 2 miles run/walk and biceps/back (gym)

Its been a pretty successful week for me. Even though I have been working out on and off since we got here in January, the scale hasnt moved. I have lost inches, and obviously feel in better shape, but the scale wasnt cooperating, I am happy to say this week I lost 2 pounds.

My run was rough today, but I know that continually running will only improve my times, my strength and my agility. So I will be running everyday (minus Sundays)

So, I want to know...what are your goals? What are you doing to reach them? Do you have any questions??

My Ultimate Goal: 135 Pounds
Tone and definition in my arms,legs, and abs.
(we can get more detailed later)

2 comments:

  1. My Ultimate goal: 145 lbs.
    Tone up my theighs, arms, and abs.
    This is great Channon!!! Wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Channon I admire you woman!

    I'm at 160 right now. Let me tell you how different my body is after 4 kids.

    I was at 160 when I was weighted at 9 months with Jazmine. I was 135 pounds when I got pregnant 8 1/2 years ago.

    With Brandon I went from 155 to 189 pounds. I had never been so high up there. Just 30 something pounds still, not bad for my 5'6 frame, but I felt
    it...heavy....tired. Especially at the age of. 34.

    I hope you get to your goal!


    I would love to be a healthy 140. My stomach is my biggest issue. I eat for comfort. So I have to find a way to curve that.

    ReplyDelete