Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It was a Double Whammy...

No whammies! No Whammies! No Whammies! STOP!!!! That was me today at the gym. I thought at any moment my body was going to collapse onto the ground.
Monday was an off day. We went to the waterpark on Sunday, so Monday we were still exhausted, hubby didnt feel well, and I just followed his lead. We only had our one day off (saturday) and it should have been two...so I was okay with it.

Tuesday-we did our run. 2.16 Miles in 24 minutes for me. I did another 12 minute mile,. I wasnt impressed in the least. I wanted to shave at least a minute off for this week, but it didnt happen. I did the run/walk workout that I have on my Podcasts. Its 1 minute of running and 1 minute of walking. It teaches you so much about running. You learn how to control your breathing, control steps, go faster, harder etc..It really helps me considering I have NEVER been a runner.

Once we finished with that I got started on Insanity. I really just picked Plyometrics to keep things in the same order. I pushed myself as hard as I could and still couldnt push hard enough. I started to get frustrated, but realized that I just did my run so my body was screaming for me to stop. I still killed it.
Some of the time, I took my headphones off to listen to ShaunT (the instructor) sometimes hearing him tell me to push it, I can do it etc...he truly is a motivator..and sexy as hell too.
I got through it, and felt great.

Today-we had to lift 2 days worth because we took Monday off. We did Chest,Back, Legs, Shoulders. I was KILLING IT!!! I had a knot in my quad and couldnt get rid of it. So while I was doing my squats I was scared. But I kept massaging my quad, and go through the sets.
Aside from that hiccup, I was really proud of myself. I increased my weights from last week, got through more sets.
My goal for bench press is getting to 45's. Today I did 25#s and I made it to my six. the first set i did with 25s I made it to 4 and really pushed myself to get my 6. So I know if I keep at this rate, I will be able to get to my 45's.

After all our sets at the gym we set off to the Pool. Swam some good laps, did some leg exercises in the water, and got some good cardio in.

How did you improve on your water intake?

I wanted to make sure all of you were incorporating weightlifting with your cardio?
This is very important. Im not saying get "cock diesel" but lifting weights is going to drop body fat. Muscle burns more calories than fat. Prevents injuries, and build your strength. This will give you the ability to run further, do more cardio and feel better.
So just say you will consider it. It will truly be beneficial to your getting in shape, maintaining, losing etc...whatever you may be trying to do...lifting weights will assist.

3 comments:

  1. Ive heard from so many people that resistance/weight training will get ya to lose more weight than cardio. The two classes I take during the week use weights and also my kettlebell/cardio workouts. Ive seen insanity on tv and yes he is sexy as hell!
    =)Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Channon :) So far all of my workouts have been from DVD or exercise tv. Pretty much everything is weights/cardio. I just ordered a new dvd of Jackie Warners from the workout. I did her exercise tv workout and every muscle in my body felt it. It was awesome compared to what I had been doing! I would LOVE to hit a gym around here but Ive heard bad things about the YMCA gym daycare. It's over crowded and smelly/dirty in the summer and winter is flu/RSV season and I wont stick TF in there then either...so I'm stuck at home! I want to try the couch to 5k. Maybe go straight to the track after dropping L at school? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I wish you were my neighbor!

    I love it how you just keep pushing....no matter what...you go to that breaking point until you ache all over.

    I'm following your blog....you better go follow mine miss! LOL. I'm going to cry if you don't :(.

    You get there Channy, you are unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete